Friday, March 07, 2014

A Prayer for the House of Representatives: Immigration Reform


I pray for your continued growth, understanding, and strength to do what is right. I pray you have no regret when you look back on this time in the future. I pray you don’t wish you’d done more for this cause and for the people, because you did what was right now. I pray your heart and your mind stay open to real truth, and that you filter your position with compassion. I pray for your commitment to dignity for all, your value of the family, your economic sensibilities. I pray you act now and pass a solid bill, one bill, similar to the recent Senate Bill for Comprehensive Immigration Reform. I pray we do not tire in encouraging you to move forward. I pray you heed our call very soon.


We need you to help us as we seek to reform a broken immigration system that:
  • Respects the God-given dignity of every person
  • Protects the unity of the immediate family
  • Respects the rule of law
  • Guarantees secure national borders
  • Ensures fairness to taxpayers 
  • Establishes a path toward legal status and/or citizenship for those who qualify and who wish to become permanent residents

No comments: