Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pugs on Parade

In the "tail" end of an o-too-long campaign, I must have needed a lighthearted moment. I was driving to meet a friend for brunch this morning, stopped at a light. A man was crossing the street with his two Pug brand dogs on leashes marching along beside him. Suddenly and randomly, I realized the dogs' quick little legs were stepping along with the rhythm of the jazz piece playing on my car radio, and the man's stride was matching a second layer of beat in the jazz song. I just had to laugh. Yes, it was a "had to be there" kind of moment, but like a mini-marching band without instruments, on the move, it was musical fun to watch, listening to Saturday morning happy jazz. All in the few moments it takes to wait at the light, I realized the rhythms of life continue no matter what issues are on the ballot and who is elected to office. Sweet!

No comments: