Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lessons from My Dogs

I love my dogs. I am so happy to have two. They enrich my life, grow my capacity to look out for someone else, provide good company, listen to me, show unconditional positive regard, lower my blood pressure, release stress, make me laugh, show me sensitivity, and help me live longer. In addition to all that, here are the lessons I've learned and why I admire them and their authentic, honest lives:

10 Lessons My Dogs Taught Me
  1. Work hard to get things done.
  2. Know how to get what you need.
  3. Please the good people.
  4. Enjoy praise from good people.
  5. Drink enough water.
  6. Get enough exercise so you don't cause trouble.
  7. Exercise is fun.
  8. Get enough rest.
  9. Be intentional about hanging out with people you love while you can.
  10. Laugh with your tail. Well, maybe 'show it when you are happy' would be more suitable.
Oh, and they don't need to own much to be happy. I like that, too.

No comments: