Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day & GOBAMA!

The words and ideals of Martin Luther King, Jr. inspire me and continue to challenge my heart. I honor his legacy and courage today.

The inauguration of the 44th President has been significant for me. Maybe it's because it feels to me like he is a common man, not from a wealthy political family, that connects for me. Maybe it's because he moved to Chicago, as did I, after college and still love Chicago to this day. Maybe it is because I'm a fan of Michelle and think the girls are sweet. I won't go into more detail here and now on why I am so engaged in the new day with new leadership and responding to the call to participate in the "we" of "Yes, we can." It has been stirring and tomorrow, Inauguration Ceremony and other festivities, will be a highlight. I pray for the health and safety of the family, along with God's wisdom and grace in days to come.

So, no more fat and critical. I'll work to be fit and hopeful so I can keep up with the work ahead for all of us, living in a way that honors God and helps me learn to love my neighbor making life for others more meaningful through values that unite these states.

1 comment:

Glen Peterson said...

Amen and Amen!